Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

I referenced this recipe here but thought it deserved pictures and it's own post.




Hot fudge pudding cake
                                                                                                   
1 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves (this is my add in. I think it really gives the dish depth, plus I love cloves.) - I can't add this much cloves anymore because Kalvin complains, so I've reduced it to about 1/4 tsp.
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup milk (the original recipe says whole milk..... I think this is the first time I have ever realized it says "whole" milk. I just used my regular fat free milk and it works just fine)
2 TBS melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup packed brown sugar

Preheat to 350. Grease 8X8 baking dish.
In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and 1/4 cup cocoa. Whisk in milk, butter, and vanilla just until smooth. spread batter in baking dish.
In small bowl mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa and sprinkle evenly over batter.
Pour 1 1/2 cups boiling water over mixture. Do not stir.
Bake 30 minutes. cool 10 minutes. Batter separates into cake and pudding layers. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
The batter layer

Brown sugar and cocoa on top

Boiling water

Pour on top of everything and throw in the oven right away!

Baked! Cake is now on top and the sauce on the bottom.

YUM!! Serve with icecream!

**I have recently started making a Mexican hot chocolate version of this recipe where I add just a dash of cayenne. VERY tasty!!

1 comment:

  1. you just solved what I'm making for dessert today. Love to read your recipes, Megan, as I think I am a connoisseur of fine foods. :) And food storage, too! Keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Especially if you made the recipe!

Stats