Monday, March 19, 2012

Cinnamon Syrup

I have recently been looking for alternative syrups for pancakes/ french toast. Awhile ago I tried a vanilla syrup/sauce, it was a big flop, like a thick goo that hardly tasted like anything. Then I found a recipe for cinnamon syrup and figured cinnamon was a stronger flavor than vanilla so it had a good chance of deliciousness. I liked it and Kalvin also approved. It's not as super sugary sweet as normal maple syrup, but still has a lot of flavor from the cinnamon. Plus it is excellent with peanut butter, which is how I eat pancakes/ french toast, peanut butter and syrup. This is a recipe I will be making again!

Edit: I have since made this syrup twice more and honestly like it a lot better than regular syrup. I'm not a huge fan of pancakes or waffles, but really this syrup makes them so much tastier. 





Cinnamon Syrup
                                                                       
allrecipes
  • 1/2 cup white sugar -I used a little less
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon - I used a little more
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - I probably use able 2 teaspoons, I just pour it in.
  • 1 cup water 
 Stir together the white sugar, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Stir in vanilla extract and water. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring often. Continue to boil and stir until mixture thickens to syrup consistency. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes before serving. 

makes about a cup.
  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Especially if you made the recipe!

Stats