Friday, June 10, 2011

Polka Dot Cake

Polka Dot Cake a.k.a Date Cake has been a recipe my mom has made for as long as I can remember. Although when I was younger I didn't realized it had dates in it, I guess I just thought they were weird chocolate chips. I like this cake, it has a moist texture and is delicious. Yum.




Polka Dot/ Date Cake
                                         
 Mom

1 1/4 cup chopped dates -My mom and I only use about 1/2-3/4 cup.
1 cup hot water
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups sifted flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 (6 oz) pkg chocolate chips -or more!!
1/2 cup chopped nuts - Pecans  

Mix chopped dates and hot water; set aside to cool. Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs; beat until fluffy. Sift together flour, soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternating with date mixture. Mix well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Spread batter in a greased 13x9x2 baking pan. Top with rest of chocolate chips. Bake at 350° F for about 35 minutes.

Dates in water already half is in the batter.

Adding in the flour alternating with the date mixture



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Especially if you made the recipe!

Stats