Thursday, June 30, 2011

Baked Spaghetti

Kalvin loves a baked spaghetti recipe I made awhile back. The only thing is either I didn't save the recipe or it was erased with all the other bookmarks when I was reformatting my computer. Anyway I think I had found the recipe again, but I wasn't so thrilled with it anymore because it called for a can of cream of chicken. I don't really like cream of chicken much anymore, I mean what is that goo? I'd rather use more real ingredients. So for this recipe I kind of followed a recipe but mostly I just made it up as I went along. It turned out as creamy and delicious as the cream of chicken recipe!





Baked Spaghetti
                                                                

1 medium onion, chopped 
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti 
1 pound ground beef- I was going to put this in but forgot.

1/2 jar meatless spaghetti sauce

1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese 

8oz cottage cheese 
seasonings: italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, chopped fresh basil leaves. -throw whatever in there.
4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese

Saute onion and garlic with a little butter until just turning brown. Take off heat and set aside. Start boiling water to cook spaghetti. Put cottage cheese in blender and blend until fairly smooth. When spaghetti is al dente (you want it slightly tougher than you would if you were just eating it straight from boiling because it will absorb some of the sauce while in the oven) drain it and place in a large bowl. Add onion, garlic, and seasonings. Pour in cottage cheese sauce. Spoon in enough spaghetti sauce that the color and moisture looks right. It should be a creamy orange/pinkish color. Pour in to 9x9 or 11x7 greased pan. Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Add cheese on top and put back in oven uncovered until cheese is fully melted and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Especially if you made the recipe!

Stats