Sunday, May 22, 2011

Thick Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was looking at a cookie recipe on Mel's kitchen and I was reading the comments to see what everyone thought of them..... Then I came across a comment from Megan S. from June of last year... I totally had forgotten I had made the cookies before, and according to my comment it sounds like they were good, but not spectacular. So the search continued to find a recipe I haven't made before. I decided to try these from Annie's Eats. They actually turned out thick, slightly crisp on the outer edges and very soft in the middle. I don't think I've made cookies that actually turned out like this, it was amazing.
Thick Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Annie's Eats
2 cups all-purpose flour (I did 1 cup wheat, 1 cup white)
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
12 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm (I only did 1 stick of butter (8 tbs) and only softened it)
1 cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk (I did the 1 egg and then 1 egg white, I figured the extra cholesterol was unnecessary)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I probably used more)

Directions:
Adjust oven racks to upper and lower-middle positions.  Preheat oven 325°.  

With electric mixer, or by hand, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly combined.  Beat in egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined (Beat it good).  Add dry ingredients and beat at low-speed just until combined (Barely mix it).  Stir in chocolate chips.

Using a cookie scoop, drop on cookie sheet. Bake until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy (approximately 10-14 minutes).  Do not overbake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Especially if you made the recipe!

Stats