Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Chocolate Chip Applesauce Cookies

I really wanted to make applesauce cookies tonight, but all I had was a little jar of cinnamon applesauce and a HUGE can of food storage plain applesauce. I didn't want to open the big can so I decided to open the little jar of cinnamon and taste it to see if it was too cinnamon-y for the cookies. I even made Kalvin taste it (he HATES applesauce (except in cookies)). I determined it to be good for cookies as long as I didn't put in the cinnamon the recipe called for.



Chocolate Chip Applesauce Cookies
                                                                        

1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. soda
2 cups applesauce
4 cups flour (I use half white half wheat flour)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp salt
chocolate chips (as many as you like, the more the better)

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs. In a separate bowl combine applesauce and soda and them add to the creamed mixture. Add dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips. Drop on cookie sheet.
Bake 375 for 10-12 minutes.

Creamed mixture

Added the dry ingredients

Baking

Done!


A question though....... When I do open that huge can of applesauce, can I freeze some of it? I have no idea if applesauce will freeze well or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Especially if you made the recipe!

Stats