Saturday, January 8, 2011

Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal

I wanted to make this for breakfast today, but realized I didn't have any eggs. Thus I looked up some egg substitutes online and decided on the mashed banana one. It turned out very well.






Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
                                                                                                                          

1/2 C applesauce
1/2 cup heaping brown sugar
1 egg - (I used half a banana mixed with 1/4 tsp baking powder as substitute)
3 C oats
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
Dash cinnamon
1 C milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tsp. vanilla

Combine applesauce, vanilla, milk, and "egg".  Combine dry ingredients and add in wet ingredients. stir well. Pour in a greased 9x9 pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 350* or until middle is set. Serve hot with milk poured over the top.

I sprinkled the top lightly with chocolate chips just for variety.



PS- I have decided I like the egg-less recipe best, like I used here substituting the egg with banana and baking powder. I like to slightly under-bake this so its really moist, thus with it being egg-less there are no worries at all about raw eggs! Plus I think the banana helps add some more moisture and flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Especially if you made the recipe!

Stats