Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Always open all your wedding gifts....

So I had been using this box contraption to keep all my garden stuff such as soil and trowel. (Yes that is a dish soap container. No it does not have soap in it. It's a thing Kalvin thought of to water the plants. It actually works really well because you can control how much water the plant gets and where. Clever Kalvin!)




I knew we had received a gardening kit type thing for our wedding but we had never actually opened the box and got it all out. I'm not really sure why... I think that maybe we thought it was easier to move (we do move a lot) if it was all compact in a box so we never bothered to take it out of the box. Either way I opened it today, and I really am confused why I haven't gotten it out before now!!


I'm so excited that I finally opened this gift after three years! It was almost like a present just for me just because!


 Lots of plants.... They didn't fair too well when I was gone for over a week. Don't get me wrong Kalvin watered them, but they just didn't look the same when I came back. So I'm working on bringing them back and trying to get them to flower again because all the flowers wilted, died, dried up, and fell off. I don't really think that's supposed to happen, especially when the stem that used to lead up to the flower also killed over.

Oh by the way, that little spear looking plant by my gardening bag is a flower that I got at Christmas time. It bloomed wilted and I hacked it off and put it outside in the cold to have its winter season. Well I was planning on digging the bulb up and planting it again some time but I never got around to it. Once it started getting warmer outside and the rest of the plants were sleeping outside I remembered that little bulb that I did nothing with. I decided to start watering it again to see what would happen. You can see what happened! It's back just as strong as the first time! I'm excited for it to bloom again!

1 comment:

  1. Silly you! I told you to open and keep all your things. Who knows when you might need it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Especially if you made the recipe!

Stats