Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mom's Famous Enchiladas

When I was younger I would always request these enchiladas for my birthday dinner. They were famous...


1 lb hamburger
1 onion
3 TBS flour
1 pkg enchilada sauce, mixed to directions on pkg
2 c tomato juice
1 cup grated cheese
chili powder or cayenne
12 flour tortillas

brown hamburger and onion. salt to taste. Meanwhile, brown flour and oil. Add pre-mixed enchilada sauce and tomato juice.  Season sauce with chili powder and cayenne to taste. Butter 12 flour tortillas. Fill tortillas with TBS sauce, hamburger, and some cheese and roll up. Place in baking dish side by side. pour remaining sauce on top of enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes.

You have to brown the flour... it's weird.

I wasn't able to make the sauce like the recipe because I didn't have any tomato paste, but I did have canned enchilada sauce so I used some of that mixed with some of the mix. It definitely didn't taste the same but it was still ok.



Done!

I'll post the recipe at a later date....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Especially if you made the recipe!

Stats