Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

This is one of Kalvin's favorite dishes. I made these on Sunday and decided to make them again today to use up the rest of the ingredients, and because they are so tasty. I tweaked the recipe quite a bit from the original and it works very well!






Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
                                                                        
 
1/2 package (4 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 T water
1 teas onion powder
1 teas ground cumin
1/4 teas salt
dash pepper

1 1/2 cups chicken - or however much you have I usually use about 1 chicken breast
beans- whatever you have on hand. My first choice would be black beans but all I had was kidney beans this time and it worked just fine.
spinach, coarsely chopped
about 5 tortillas- depending on how full you fill them and the size of your pan

1/2 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup undiluted
1/2 cup sour cream - I omit this because I usually don't have it readily on hand
1/4 cup milk

shredded cheddar cheese

Cook the chicken.
In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese, water, onion powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir in chicken, beans, spinach, etc.
Fill each tortilla with mixure, roll up and place seam down in a slightly greased pan (I use a 7x9).
In a small bowl combine the cream of chicken, sour cream, and milk. (I also add some cumin and chili powder). Pour over enchiladas, but don't drown them!
Bake uncovered 350* for 30-40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking.

Chicken

  The cream cheese cumin and onion powder.

 Filling the tortillas. I used red bell pepper this time too.



Before going in the oven

Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Especially if you made the recipe!

Stats